Those using KIP Deluxe 10.3 who upgrade to Mac OS 10.4.8 (or higher) will notice strange behavior in KIP, especially when accessing patient ledgers.
To correct this behavior, you must download the KIP Deluxe Precision Patch and apply this patch to your KIP software.
Those using KIP Deluxe Multiuser must apply this patch to either the 4D Client or 4D Server software program on each computer using Mac OS 10.4.8 (or higher). This patch is not required on other computers on the network not using Mac 10.4.8 (or higher).
To apply the precision patch (for those using Mac OS 10.4.8):
1. Quit all KIP and 4D applications.
2. Download the KIP Deluxe Precision Patch to the Macintosh computer using OS 10.4.8.
3. Open the DMG file you just downloaded. This will create a new disk image called “10.4.8 Precision Patch for 4D” and open it in a new window.
4. Open the enclosed application called “Mac OS X 10.48 Precision Problem Patch for 4D”
5. Click the “Select 4D Application” button
6. In the dialog box which opens:
Single User: Find and open your KIP Deluxe program
Multiuser: Find and open either the 4D Client program or 4D Server program which resides on the computer you are working on.
7. Click the “Apply Patch” button.
8. Quit the “patch” application.